Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Opinion Prompt #13

Opinion Prompt 13. We should replace number grades with letter grades

I disagree with this opinion because number grades give you a more accrate glimpse at how you're doing in your classes.  Letter grades give you a range that your grade is in like an A+ is the equivalent to anywhere between 96-100%.  In the middle school letter grades are used, but I never liked them because unless you sit down and calculate your own grade out by hand you never really know exactly what your grade is, and that is what bothered me.  Also number grades motivate me to do better because if I have a 97 in a class I'm more apt to work harder to get my grade up higher than if I have A+ because an A+ tells me that I'm doing the best possible and so I would begin to coast through that particular class, and even if my grade dropped to a 96 I wouldn't know because my letter grade would still be an A+. 

No comments:

Post a Comment