Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nursery Rhymes ARE Relevant to Life


Boys and girls, come out to play

Boys and girls, come out to play.
The moon doth shine as bright as day!
Leaves your supper and leave your sleep,
And come with your playfellows into the street.
Come with a whistle,
Come with a call,
Come with a good will, or not at all.


This rhyme (while I don't think it's intended to) makes me think of my extremely busy life, as well as other teenager's busy lives.  Especially the line "leaves your supper and leave your sleep", since I have recently been eating dinner quickly or on the run because of extra-curricular activities or homework.  Also, with my busy schedule there seems to never be time to sleep.   The line "And come with your playfellows into the street" makes me think of walking out to the bus every morning and how other people are doing the same thing at about the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment