Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hi-five Yourself

A couple months ago, whenever the varsity girls volleyball team went to sectionals, some of us from the  JV and Freshman teams (plus other assorted Guilderland students) went to watch them play at Burnt Hills.  Afterwards, (they lost) some friends and I (plus my mom and sister) went to a near by pizza place to get dinner.  While at dinner, for some reason we started saying Hi-five yourself (not knowing it was on the cough drops) and it just kind of stuck.  We would just sit there and be like, "hi-five yourself...in public!" we thought it was the funniest thing ever for some reason.  The other people in the restaurant must have though we were nuts, because I know my mom and sister did.  About a week or two later we had a post-season sleepover at my house and I just happened to be fighting a cold that week.  I grabbed a cough drop from the bag and opened one.  When I realized they were the pep talk ones I was really excited and as soon as I saw the one I had taken said "Hi-five yourself" I was town for a second, wondering how they could possibly have known about our inside joke.  I showed my friends and we honestly couldn't stop laughing! That cough drop just made the night even better than it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment