Monday, September 19, 2011

Your destiny lies before you, choose wisely. (123)

When I get fortunes, I generally glance at them quickly, but really just try to pronounce the Chinese that’s on the back instead, since most of the time the fortunes aren’t good, or don’t apply to me anyway.  This fortune is hard to write about since I am not sure that I really believe in destiny.  Sure, there are coincidences, in fact they happen all the time, but destiny is a tricky topic.  Destiny is, by definition, “the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events”.    By that definition, your destiny is already planned out, and the universe, or other outside power, already knows which one you’re going to choose, so how can you “choose wisely” if, really, there’s nothing to choose from?

No comments:

Post a Comment